"Prizeman and Goh are more interested in the way people react to and behave in their buildings, than in what the projects look like in magazines-- though they do look extremely good."
Vicky Richardson on Clay Architecture, Blueprint magazine February 2008
Clay Architecture was set up in 2000 by husband and wife team Camilla Prizeman and Kasan Goh when they took over the 96 year-old George Clay Partnership, which has been trading in Gravesham and Medway since 1904. Over the last 14 years, Clays have established a strong reputation for working within tight budgets and challenging briefs to deliver highly workable and innovative design solutions.
Clay’s £2.3m design for the chapel extensions to Medway Crematorium won the 2014 RIBA SE Award and has been shortlisted for a Kent Design Award 2014. Their £4.6m ergonomic design for a difficult site at Walderslade Primary School won the Kent Design Award for Best Public Building (Education Sector) 2012. Other recent projects include the conservation and extension of the Grade II Listed Andrew Carnegie Gravesend Library, and Medway Park, Medway’s Centre of Sporting Excellence, a 2012 Olympic and Paralympic training venue.
In their 14th year as custodians of a 110 year-old practice, Kasan and Camilla completed Making Places, Changing People, a 2 year local history project in partnership with Design South East, working with volunteers on the 20th Century history of North Kent told through archive drawings, photographs, documents and oral history interviews with local residents and former employees of the George Clay Partnership.
Image/s: Clay Architecture